Friday, March 18, 2011

Great weather, amazing Mexican food...

I would like to think of myself as a positive person. I always try to find something good in any situation. But there is nothing positive about LA driving!

I have driven in a few places around US as well as some places outside of this country. I have never seen worse driving skills and worse road rules than in Los Angeles, California. Really. I think in the short time of me being here I have developed a road rage. If you are going some place for the first time (in other words you are not sure how to get there), GPS won't help you, mapquest (most definitely!) won't help you, people (for sure) won't help you...in other words - you are on your own.

Making a left turn is a nightmare (learn how not to). Parking is a joke! Most parking spots are marked "compact", meanwhile very few people actually drive compact cars here. Parking in the right driving lane is legal (for the most part, except for a few hours a day, like rush hour and such). Imagine you are flying through the streets in the right lane, and BAM there is a car parked right in your way...legally!!! Taxi drivers drive worse than the rest of them. Sometimes I pass them just to make sure they don't have an oxygen tank attached to their face there (so I don't feel bad cussing them out and giving them the finger). I could go on and on about this but I think you get the picture.

But after all, the weather and the MEXICAN FOOD are to DIE FOR!!!!

Come visit! I'll drive you around  ;-)))

XO,
Your crazy girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment